The Designer is directly responsible for meeting with the client, designing the space, assisting the client with selections, getting the final selections approved, and documenting the final selections in a document to be used by the installation department and the client for construction.
GreatHouse Remodeling is a family friendly company. We believe it should be enjoyable to come to work. We take pride in providing our employees and contractors the opportunities to grow and prosper and provide our clients with quality work from honest and skilled craftsmen. Honesty and trustworthiness are at the core of our values. We seek to keep long-term relationships with employees, client, and vendors that are mutually beneficial which are based on respect and trust.
The Designer’s starting time is generally between 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with generally an hour for lunch, depending upon the individual’s needs and time restraints. Breaks are generally taken as required and needed. The work week is normally Monday through Friday but because of the responsibilities of running a construction project, these hours are somewhat variable.
- Meet with client and potential clients. This will most likely begin with secondary meetings with clients and progress to being the primary contact for the pre-construction phase of the project
- Assist in the design of projects from the macro to the micro components
- Document each project and assist the estimator with completing the estimating take off with completed and detailed notes and drawings
- Maintain design control with the clients such that budgets and expectations are kept in check
- Maintain regular client contact for duration of projects and assist with requested updates
- Provide necessary information to staff for change notices. Understand scope and change order procedure and ensure that all change orders are written up and signed prior to implementation. Have well defined scopes established for the project as to avoid gray areas and potential conflicts
- Participate in pre-construction conference in order to properly hand off the project to the construction crew
- Responsible for creating and reviewing a detailed set of specifications and proposals, insuring all items are covered in these documents and drawings, prior to the submittal to the clients
- Follow up with the client in all aspects of sales until the contract is signed and receive a deposit for work
- Create a project scope of work, help locate and acquire special order items, pick out colors, fixtures, clearly document the client final selections
- Time cards are to be filled out at the end of each work day
- Act as a customer liaison throughout the preconstruction portion of the project. You will be the primary contact for the customer throughout the preconstruction phase of the project. Speak knowledgeably and honestly with the customer. Provide solutions to their questions, soliciting help from the Production Manager and other staff when necessary
- Attend and participate in weekly progress meetings
- Contact prior clients in order to trigger any potential sales or referrals
- Update sales process and documentation to maintain a consistent process and experience for the client
- Inform clients of our full line of services and suggest additional services as you see the need
- Miscellaneous other duties as required.
- Minimum five years design experience
- Good communication, job coordination and organizational skills
- Mastery of CAD or other design software. Chief Architect preferred
- Must have a good working knowledge of related building trades with the ability to step in and advise on issues that may arise
- The ability to interact and communicate well with crew, subcontractors, and the client
- Reliable work vehicle with Georgia driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability Pass a background check
- NO smoking on jobs or during company time
- Help keep up to date our client welcome kit and pre-construction information
- Be on time for client meetings, dressed in proper attire, and call ahead if running late
- Manage information and documents of clients in an organized manner for reference by the rest of the team
- Have an awareness of current project in case issues come up and you may be able to lend a helpful solution
- Maintain a focus of continuous improvement and be proactive in suggesting superior processes that we can implement.
* Please do not apply if you do not live within a 30-minute drive of East Cobb, GA. At GreatHouse Remodeling, we know how important it is to be home with your family and eventually, the distance will become an issue. If you apply and do not meet the distance requirements, we will assume that you did not read the job description fully and your application will be discarded. Thank you for understanding!
Current Job Openings
Our team is growing! We're looking for passionate candidates who want to become a part of the GreatHouse Remodeling family. We are dedicated to helping the local Marietta families achieve their remodeling goals. If you want to be a part of this journey, we'd love to hear more from you!
Click on the positions available to read the job description and apply now.