Versatile Finished Basement East Cobb
Client Goals: Finish out a versatile basement space for entertaining, gaming, and working out, with a classy transition from upstairs.
Our Solution: The open stairway with iron balusters, oak handrail, and columns lead to the open kitchenette and media space. Because there were no windows in this section (ideal for the media space), we created a sense of openness with angled trey ceilings and simple white trim. A built-in fridge and media cabinet kept the floorplan uncluttered. The rich wood color of the cabinets is continued in the media center, the 12-pane wine closet door with Craftsman-style lintel, and the bathroom’s antique dresser-turned-vanity. The gameroom and home gym benefit from great daylight, so the trim and room colors change accordingly.
- Built-in media system with separately-zoned speakers
- Media components accessible from rear
- Dimmer switches for all accent lighting
- Walls replaced with recessed structural beams to open up the floorplan
- Solid oak stair treads and handrail
- Colorado Sienna cabinets
- Built in media system speakers
- Engineered hardwood flooring
- Weightroom with sports floor
Project Cost: $75,000